Estate Planning Solutions
At Pamela Thomas Jones, P.C., in East Ellijay, we have been helping Georgia families create estate plans since 1980. We can guide you through all aspects of the estate planning process, including the creation of:
- A last will and testament: By establishing a will, you can determine how your wealth and assets will be distributed upon death. A will also allows you to appoint a trusted person to act as your personal representative.
- Trusts: Including revocable, living, special needs and testamentary trusts.
- Powers of attorney: A power of attorney gives a trusted person decision-making authority over important financial and medical issues in the event you are not able to make sound decisions for yourself.
- An advance health care directive (living will): A living will gives clear direction to medical professionals and your loved ones concerning the treatment you would like to receive and not like to receive in certain medical scenarios.
- Conservatorship: When an individual suffers physical or mental impairment as the result of illness, injury or aging, a judge can appoint a conservator to attend to their financial affairs.
An estate plan should be uniquely tailored to your needs and wishes. Attorney Pamela Thomas Jones will work with you personally to gain an understanding of your priorities, family dynamics and other factors that go into creating an estate plan.
The decisions are yours. We are here to offer guidance and insight based on four decades of legal practice so that you can make the right decisions for yourself and your loved ones.
Helping You Resolve Guardianship Issues
When a minor child or an adult is unable to take care of themselves, we can help you through the process of appointing a guardian to ensure they are properly cared for. We understand that this can be a delicate process which may have no simple or clear-cut solution. We take the time to understand our client’s unique circumstances in order to ensure the best interests of the individual requiring guardianship are served.
Your Ally For The Probate Process
Probate can be a complex affair, but a skilled attorney can make it much simpler while protecting your rights. We represent heir, beneficiaries, executors and other parties with interest in estates in Georgia. We will do everything in our power to ensure that the probate process runs smoothly. If family disputes, will contest and other problems arise, we will work to resolve them as efficiently and amicably as possible.
Get The Legal Help You Need
Whether you are establishing an estate plan or navigating the probate process in Georgia, we are here for you. To arrange a free initial consultation with an experienced estate planning lawyer in East Ellijay, contact our law firm online or by telephone at 706-389-9454.